TFCC Treatment Protocol: Weight Bearing Test Results 45-65#
Test results in this range indicate a moderate injury.
Expected recovery time in this phase: ~ 1-3 months
YAY! 45# is considered a “functional” wrist. This means that you should be able to function around the home, for the most part. Things like dishes, dressing, making a bed etc. should not hurt.
This does not include carrying children, animals, heavy bags of groceries etc. This is a light functional wrist.
- Order your WristWidget® if you haven’t done so already.
- Protect your wrist – No sports or heavy lifting.
- Wear the WristWidget® 24/7. You do not need to wear the big wrist bulky splint. IF your WristWidget should slide down over your ulna, you have a shallow wrist crease. Read about the cause and solution here.
- Conduct Weight Bearing Test on your wrists every 7 days. Record your results on the Weight Bearing Test Log.
- Your task is to protect your wrist. Let it heal. Don't aggravate it.
Diet & Exercise
It’s time to start a clean diet: low sugar, low gluten, no processed foods, ++ dark veggies, + lean protein.
Limit your protein intake to no more than 30% of your daily macros (Protein / Carbs / Fats). Many patients report that this injury occurs in conjunction with eating a high protein diet. Read why a moderate protein diet is important here.
Cardio exercise for 20 minutes daily – it increases the heart rate and helps the body to heal more quickly.
Eastern Medicine correlates the TFCC with the gut.
Acupuncture 2-3 times a week is helpful in healing.
Many patients report improvement when Turmeric is added to the diet.
Join the TFCC and Ulnar-Sided Wrist Pain Group on Facebook. This is a place where patients, therapists, physicians, alternative medicine practitioners can share their stories and experiences with the TFCC. Enjoy!
If you 'd like Wendy to advise on your case, please complete this form: https://bit.ly/ww-injury
Test weight bearing weekly until your injured wrist results (while wearing the WristWidget®) = the results of your uninjured wrist.
When you've accomplished this, move to the next step in healing, the Mild stage.
You can print a healing protocol guide here: https://bit.ly/ww-healing